Tuesday, November 30, 2010

WDNR,You Got To Be Kidding

What will Owen at B & S do with his Cubby Cat tractor oil and filter? I have a Simplicity, errrrr! Sorry Owen, just kidding.
From WDNR.
New information available on upcoming landfill ban of used automotive oil filters

Weekly News Article Published: November 30, 2010 by the Central Office

MADISON -- Starting January 1, 2011 it will be illegal in Wisconsin for anyone to dispose of automotive engine oil filters or oil absorbent materials, including granular absorbents, cloth absorbents, and paper towels in landfills.

A new media kit describing what materials are banned, and how to recycle these materials, is now available on the Department of Natural Resources website.

Wisconsin Act 86 is intended to keep used oil filters and absorbents out of Wisconsin landfills. Each year, Wisconsinites throw away an estimated 187,000 gallons of oil in used oil filters and 1.6 million gallons of oil in oil absorbents. Oil is a valuable, reusable material. By recycling filters and absorbent materials, used oil can be extracted and reused. Filters also contain steel components that can be recycled. Approximately nine million filters currently enter the landfill and recycling these will save over 4.5 million pounds of steel for reuse.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Kate Cooper at (608) 267-3133 with additional questions.
For crying out loud Kate Cooper, do you know what you are doing? Do we that change oil in our own lawn tractors or cars just dump it out in the back yard?

Has anyone from the WDNR ever do an oil change on a lawn tractor, motorcycle, car or truck? What the HECK are they talking about? Let's go through this for those liberals in Madison.

1) drain oil into oil pail.

2) remove oil filter and let oil from filter drain into oil pail.

3) take empty oil filter free from any oil because you drain any oil in filter into oil pail and throw into garbage. During preceding first three steps wipe hands of three drops of oil on your hands.

4) put on new oil filter and fill with oil. Done, that was easy!

After three years of changing oil in my lawn tractor I take oil pail full of used motor oil to local dump and pour it into used oil disposal tank that the county set up at said town recycling center. Where is there a problem here? Those in the real world agree with me?

So now, if I spill some oil, I need to throw oil dry or cat litter down if I even have some, sweep it up, put it in a bag or can and take it to a separate recycling center 50 to 100 miles away because there will be four drop off sights in the state? Oh sure that will work! DUMB A$%s!

Do they know the oil filter is made of metal probably coated with plastic. On second thought, how many people change their own oil at home anymore? How many 10 minute oil change places are out there? Woodmans will do it for 20 bucks! What the hell do they think people who change their own oil do with their oil and filters, bury the filter and dump the oil in the back yard like my relatives did 60 years ago? Somebody help me, this is insanity! Open the hood of any new car and you can't even find the battery without spending a half hour trying to find it!

Where in the heck are they coming up with all this waste oil in landfills.

ARE THEY INSANE?

Another adjustment Scott Walker needs to make this coming January!

The WDNR and the liberals are out of control!

Scott Walker, time to clean house in the WDNR! See you Kate!

What's next?

For you in the cities,
a tub for plastic,
a tub for corrugated cardboard,
a tub for non corrugated cardboard,
a tub for brown glass,
a tub for green glass,
a tub for clear glass,
a tub for cans,
a tub for newspapers,
a tub for old phone books,

oh, I already have to do all this in Oconto County,


a tub for oil filters,

a tub for cat litter or oil absorbent clay,
a tub for rags or paper toweling that has motor oil on it,
a tub for coffee grinds without coffee filters,
a tub for cell phones,
a tub for facial tissues,
a tub for sanitary napkins,
a tub for tampons, (please separate plastic),
a tub for plastic bags,
a tub for any excess food you did not eat at supper,
and a tub for any letters, correspondence, or information sent to you from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.

That should just about cover everything.

Can't wait for Scott Walker to bring some sanity back to Wisconsin.

2 comments:

Dad29 said...

By the way, my Simplicity tractor had a v-twin 12.5 HP Briggs--and that engine had an oil filter.

Paul - Berry Laker said...

Dad,

I bought a Simplicity V twin 16.5 HP Briggs from my son in law so I could have a 42 in snow blower attachment on it. I will never in my life buy anything but Simplicity.

I now can say I am more then proud of my 2nd Dad having also a Simplicity tractor. I kind of thought we think alike.

I know my real dad would of been proud of me for my choice on what tractor I should own.

Thanks for reminding me of him and being my second DAD.