Tuesday, November 30, 2010

WDNR 2010 Deer Gun Recap

From WDNR

Hunters register a preliminary tally of 218,144 deer over nine-day season

Weekly News Article Published: November 30, 2010 by the Central Office

MADISON – A survey of Wisconsin deer registration stations conducted by the state Department of Natural Resources has yielded a preliminary tally of 218,144 for the just-ended, nine-day November gun deer hunt, an 11 percent increase over the 2009 nine-day season. The opener was highlighted by good hunting conditions on opening day and no firearm-related fatalities for only the second time on record (see related news release).

Statewide, hunters registered 102,006 bucks (a 17 percent increase over 2009) and 116,138 antlerless deer (a nearly 7 percent increase over 2009). Gun deer license sales totaled 621,094 at the close of the hunt.


Link to DNR 2010 2009 comparison.

I'm still not sure it was a good year. I seen none, "0" in nine day's! Do I buy another license in 2011?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quit hunting in Wis 2 of our 9 have, I go to Wyoming every year and that may be my only deer season from now on. Why waste your time in Wis. 7 hunters 1 buck.

Paul - Berry Laker said...

Anonymous, thanks for your comment.

I wish I had the money to do that but the best I can do is hunt in the Nicolet forest.

I seen 0 deer during the 9 day hunt but seen one buck Monday running down the road five miles from here. I guess it's just my luck.

Have a GREAT week and enjoy Wyoming.