Friday, January 30, 2009

Michael Steele Elected

From Drudge and Breitbart.

" WASHINGTON (AP) - Michael Steele was elected Republican National Committee chairman on Friday, defeating the incumbent party chief and three other challengers over six rounds of voting to become the first black to lead the GOP."
GOP elects first black national party chairman

I do not know Mr. Steele that well but the following gave me concern.
Steele was the most moderate candidate in the field and was considered an outsider because he's not an RNC member.

"Moderate", WHAT! Not sure if that is a comment from the Rockefeller wing of the party.

I am sick and tired of mavericks, moderates and RINO's!

I will hold my opinion until I hear more of what direction he takes and who does he feel the leaders of the party should be. No high fives yet.What is is his opinion on the Reagan republicans? Pssst, Palin, Jindal.

If the republican party does not get back to it's conservative roots, well, who knows.
.
.
.
.
.
Update, Fred over at Real Debate said. "
For all of you not drunk on GOP politics, Steele is a Conservative's Conservative!"

Hope you are right Fred. I am a little tired of people who move to the right to get elected and then move to the center and left after they get elected.

Congratulations
Michael Steele


No comments: