Friday, March 04, 2011

Recap, of Holperin Petition Drive

Back home from collecting signatures for the Jim Holperin recall in the town of Mountain.


Couple of comments. 


A union guy pulls up, we did small talk for a couple minutes. I was afraid I was going to get beat up, my truck wreaked or something worse. Started the Our Father in my mind. Talked his busy day, the weather and I kept looking at the ground. Where is this going? Finally he says, well, you going to let me sign the petition? 


Second couple. While the guy was signing he told me he worked for the UAW and they did nothing for him.


Seems the unions were getting good luck from their members and former members. 


Another couple gets out of the car and yells, "Where do I sign the petition!"


Had the honnor of talking to Kevin Barthel, the guy who signed the law suit against Holperin. Nice guy. We talked about how Walker and the republicans can't buckle now. You have to give him a lot of credit for doing what he did. 




A truck with a couple in a truck pull up. 
Question, "who the rcall for. Answer, Jim Holperin. 
Question, Is he a democrat? Answer, yes, 
Comment, me the petition! He wanted to sign it bad but had to turn him away, Was not from the 12th district.


I had three cars lined up at once.What a rush. 


A lot of nice people who are all sick of what Holperin, the dems and what the protesters are doing in Madison. 


Will try Lakewood Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So was the guy from the 30th? If so send him my way lol.

Getting good reception from businesses to allow "drive thru" to be set up?

Unknown said...

I want to sign. Town of Hewitt, will help get signitures down our way.