Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tough Solutions To Our Problems.

From Reicon. A good read.

"Tuesday, November 11, 2008
The Motor City Blues: An Analysis on Bailouts and the Big Three"
Reicon: The Motor City Blues: An Analysis on Bailouts and the Big Three

On May 9, 1939, in front of the powerful, Democrat controlled House Ways and Means Committee, Henry Morgenthau Jr,. the 52nd United States Secretary of the Treasury said the following statement on his assessment of the state of the economy in the heart of the Great Depression.

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong...somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises....I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started....And an enormous debt to boot!"


You really read the rest of the article if you care about this country. Something to ponder.

We hope and pray President Obama does what he promised.

No comments: