Friday, April 30, 2010

Ugly In The 8th District Update 3, MSM Edition

.
I received a comment from the now famous Stephen Kastner from the
Door County Style Magazine. He felt compelled to give me his intellectual thoughts on what i wrote on my post Berry Laker: It's Getting Ugly In The Wisconsin 8th Before I get to Mr Kastner's comments I would like to say this.

A while back a good friend and blog mentor from Algoma asked me if he could help me take my blog and posts to a higher level. I declined for I am a simple guy. I go to church on Sunday ,love my wife and family and blog for fun. Yes there are times I need to use spell check, may not bridge sentences together in the most eloquent way and do not get paid for blogging. It is just a platform for me to voice my opinion since the media ignore most people like me. Isn't it fascinating, the power of the internet. To those that read my blog, I do give them a warning. It is on the left side of my blog,

Just here to tell you what I think, what I like and what I don't like. Not recommended for anyone leaning left. I am CONSERVATIVE

Let me now comment on Stephen's Pulitzer Prize rebuttal to me.

    Stephen Kastner said...

    Why don't you just ask the "guy in Door County" instead of pretending to be exposing something newsworthy?
Stephen, Stephen may I call you Steve, you wrote the article, I read the article on the world wide web and you want me to call you? I'm not the one pretending. I don't get paid to put media spin on press releases from political candidates. Let me remind you, this is a blog and not a newspaper or magazine.

If I publish a Press Release, as editor... I edit.
Oh, so your an editor. You sure got me beat. Your above my pay scale. Did you give yourself a raise this year?

 I also read Terri's entire book and came to respect her "maverick" qualities.
There you go, throwing out that maverick word, Did you also vote for John McCain? I don't want a 'maverick, i want to see a conservative elected. By the way, since you know how to read I recommend some other fine books. "The Way Things Ought To Be" and "See I Told You So" by Rush Limbaugh and "Going Rogue" by Sara Palin 

 A few months ago, I wrote a review of that book and linked to it in the article you refer to. I recently faulted her for worrying about rabid conservatives like yourself when 50% of the voters in her poll remain undecided.
As seen on page 37 in the lefts handbook, "rabid conservatives"? Ouch, that hurt! O K, you warned her about people like me. People that pay taxes, work hard everyday, donate to charities, earthquake relief efforts and help those in need. Yep, average hard working people need to be exterminated like a rabid dog. Your intellectual superiority is showing.
 
These are the core voters, none of whom will give a damn for what you say against a candidate who serves a populist base first and Party ideology (as defined by "leaders" like Limbaugh and Palin) second or not at all.
Geeezzz, did I hit a nerve? I do not care if people give a damn what I say. What I say is my own opinion, my own thoughts, my own blog. You being in the media seem to be getting a little upset about a guy in northern Wisconsin. There goes all your creditability, you had to bring up two of my hero's, Rush and Sara Palin. Why didn't you throw Ronald Reagen's name in as well? You seem to have your finger on the pulse of the people in this country, yea, yea were all a bunch of nuts out here in the heartland.

I am not paid by Terri McCormick.
Man, you could of fooled me. Did she promise you a position in Washington?

I simply believe she is the best candidate. She has experience at dealing with the nasty Republican Machine that demands that you bow down and serve... and she refuses, especially when it conflicts with her integrity.
Thanks for being up front and honest for your choice for congress. Why didn't you say that in your article? We both could of saved each other a lot of time and your grief, I would just of ignored your article completely. Nasty Republican machine? Since you know Terry so well, why not tell her to run as a democrat and you would really be happy for her.

If Republicans expect to rescue what's left of their party from the Neocons, like we had to do once before in the days of Barry Goldwater, then it's time to stand up for any candidate who rises up out of populism and not from serving "front line political animals," as Terri describes them.
Whoa! Nellie! "Neocons, Berry Goldwater", people like you rescued the party? I don't even belong to the republican party. I did once, but gave up on them, you know, RINO's, mavericks, gang of 8, 15, hey buddy, calm down.

So Terry calls republicans "ANIMALS"! I did not know that, thanks for telling me. I'll keep that a secret, I won't tell anyone! So if I vote for a conservative canidate and not for Terry McCormick, I am an ANIMAL? You need to write an article about her animal comment and put it in your magazine. It might be a great read. Do you think you can handle that?

The reason she scares you so badly is because you cannot control her with ideology as defined from the top down. She will serve her constituents first and I look forward to voting for that kind of chamge.
12:54 PM

Terry does not scare me. Her Kagen like press tactics show me the real Terry McCormick. I will not vote for another maverick who will tell me one thing and does another in Washington DC. You like press releases? Go to Kagen's web site. He put's out press release almost every day and the MSM picks them up as news all the time. Phony articles to mislead voters is not my kind of candidate.

I will not hold my nose in the voting booth ever again. I will not vote for the lesser of two evils. I am conservative first and republican second. No I am not advocating a third party. I am looking for a conservative candidate that will  bring this country back to it's greatness, eliminate the debt everyone's grandchildren are saddled with and once again stand proud for God and my country. Terry McCormick is not my candidate for the Wisconsin 8th Congressional district. 


I am a resident of this state and a citizen of this country. I will do my best to inform people of what I see and what my opinion is on any subject I see fit. I do not get paid for what I do but honor the freedom I was bestowed by this great country.

P S, someone passed this on to me. Maybe copy it and hang it above your desk. 
 
The Society of Professional Journalism, in its code of ethics says:

Journalist Seek Truth and Report It
Journalists should be honest, fair and courageous in gathering, reporting and interpreting information.

Journalists should: — Test the accuracy of information from all sources and exercise care to avoid inadvertent error. Deliberate distortion is never permissible.


Thank you Mr. Kastner and have a GREAT day.

1 comment:

Dad29 said...

Interesting that he acknowledges using the press release, claiming that he "edited" it.

Obviously he likes Ms McCormick. Good. That's what elections are for.