Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sheboygan Katrina

This past Thursday I was driving to Milwaukee and listening to Jerry Bader on WTAQ, GREAT show I may say. Give Jerry a listen when you can.

At the 9:30 news break I heard a report that someone in Sheboygan was begging people to call authorities and tell them how much damage they had from the recent flooding.

It struck me it was just some county official ( not sure who it was) wanting to get a piece of the federal money pie! I don't know, the more damage the more money for the county. Can you just hear the giant sucking sound?

It also struck me a lot of people in the Sheboygan area are just taking care of their damage by themselves and not crying and screaming for government handouts.

The people of Sheboygan are not Katrina victims. Don't get me wrong , government is there to help when help is needed. But to go out and beg for damage amounts.

Come on Sheboygan officials, I know you have problems with judges but this is a little over the top.

To the people of Sheboygan who are not crying, not begging, who are working together with their neighbors and getting the job done on their own, who are taking care of themselves.

I commend you.

To the silent and hard working people of Sheboygan, good for you!

You are not Katrina Victims.

No comments: