A good read and more info at Dad29 about Mitt, the choice of the republican elites.
Jan. 2, 2006 Boston Globe reports Romney issued special Governor’s ceremonial marriage licenses to 189 same-sex couples in 2005 (including to homosexual activist state senator), claiming he did not refuse because he was evenly applying the “statute”. [Note: There is no new statute establishing same-sex marriage.]
Admittedly, the situation there is a bit confusing. But the fact is that Romney was under no obligation to implement gay "marriage": he did so voluntarily, even though he claimed that the Court's ruling compelled him to do so.
- Clerk Refuses to Issue Marriage License to Lesbian Couple
- New York Town Clerk Refuses To Let Same-Sex Couple Get Married
- Mitt Romney pledges opposition to gay marriage
- Romney says no to controversial marriage pledge - USA Today
- Mitt Romney Signs "Traditional Marriage" Pledge