Monday, June 28, 2010

Mark Martin # 5, I Want My Money Back

If I sent a letter to my NASCAR hero, it would go something like this.

Mark, I want my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many years ago, maybe seventeen years or so I was told you were one of the GREATEST drivers in the then Winston cup racing. Since then I have been your avid fan. Now, I want my money back.

Some friends in Waunakee Wis. told me about you and ever since then you have been my driver. Yes, I kind of passed over your retirement non retirement a couple years ago but I have always followed you with all my heart and soul.

Do you know how hard it is to go from Ford and Roush to chevy and hendrick's? You made me swallow my pride! I am a Ford and Roush fan first and foremost but followed you to the # 5 with great enthusiasm. I hope you don't mind but I call you the old man with passion. You give us 53 year old plus fans excitement. You can do what some of those snot nose kids can't.

Every since Kasey K. announced he was going to Hendrick's you Mark Martin #
5 have been struggling. I am wondering if you are giving up before your contract is up?

For the past nine years my family has invested between 1000 and 2000 dollars a year going to Michigan to see you race once or twice a year. Which includes tickets, camping, flags, shirts, hats, replica cars and more.

I love you man but you are driving me crazy. I understand your still in the chase but it seems to be slipping week by week. Allen needs to give you a better car and please show me that fire you had last year .

O K, I'm venting but it's just frustrating watching you struggle. No I do not want my money back but  again I have to vent on seeing one of the GREATEST drivers in NASCAR not up front on Sunday afternoons.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I'm still your biggest fan and know you will turn this around in future races.

Berry Laker

No comments: