Sunday, January 07, 2007

Local Breaking News

Information told to me by a great neighbor and verified
in the Oconto Times Herald dated 1/3/07.

NOTICE OF SPECIAL SCHOLL DISTRICT MEETING

Notice is here by given to the qualified voters of the school district
of Gillett in the county(ties) of Oconto , that a special meeting of the
school district will be held at Secondary School Library in the district
on the 11th day of January, 2007 at 7:30 p.m. for the purpose of
voting on the following proposition.

To authorize the school board to borrow the sum of
Six Hundred Thirty Thousand and 00/100 Dollars
($630,000.00) for the purposeof fianancing the districts
underfunded pension liability, and levy upon all the taxable
property of the school district a direct irrepealable annual tax for
the purpose of paying and sufficient to pay the interest on this loan
as it falls due , and also pay and discharge the principal thereof within
20 years from making the loan.
Miles Winkler
School District Clerk
November 30, 2006


I'm sorry why in God's green earth did we not know about this sooner,
the date on the notice is Nov 30,2006. Did I miss something in the paper?
Second, how did we all of a sudden get to have a pension problem like this ?

But alas I give my neighbor credit for trying to get the word out . I
was told by my good friends that " Who cares about taxes, I just pay them".
What do care about taxes anyway? "You can't do anything about them".

I think the problem with most not all people is that they are not informed !
They do not go to school board meeting, they do not go to town board
meetings , they listen to Bob and Tom and CBS,ABC,NBC and CNN and believe
everything they hear!
For I am a CONSERVATIVE and I believe in Lower Taxes and less Goverment!
For that, I am a drunkin dumb ass here on the lake and do not know what
I am talking about. I think some other reasons (which always kills them)
is I listen to Rush and am not afraid to say that or that I am conservative .

So to all my friends and neighbors and all the other people on the lake ,
here comes another tax increase!

Oh by the way , are you ready for the D N R to be swarming on Berry Lake
in the near future. You say you don't know what I'm talking about? You
should of been at the last town meeting , I was, but what I say doesn't mean a
hill of beans , I a republican and I always lie and I'm an idiot !

You can read about it in this Wednesday's Oconto Times Herald!
Will anyone do anything about it, I think not!

Reach into your wallets people , you won't see it coming!

Be careful what you do around the lake , Big Brother will be
watching and maybe someday we will find out if we have
endangered species in or around the lake.We can all use
maximum six horse motors on our six ft. maximum boats!

Have fun PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: