Thursday, January 11, 2007

Gillett School District Meeting

Tonight at 7:30 p m the Gillett School District is having a meeting to
vote for a 20 year loan ( tax increase to the taxpayers of the district)
in the amount of $630,000.00 for the purpose of refinancing the
districts unfunded pension liability.

Now we are not a big school district and we do have some
great teachers in the school district ,but, how did we get into
this mess? The notice in the paper was dated
Nov 30,2006 in the Jan 3rd paper. Why?
Well just like the issues you may have in your area it will be
interesting to see how many voters of the school district care
about this. I will report to you later what the outcome will be .
How many people will show up , my guess twelve.

I can hear it now, "fine if you don't pass this your children will loose all
band , all sports will be lost, we will take away drivers ed ( Oh, we
pay for that anyway), but they will still try to fool some people into
taking it away). And also you will pay more per student for bus service!
And you will pay more for school fee's! And we will have to turn the
heat down and your children will freeze to death! And for sure we will
have to lay off 10 to 20 teachers. Your children will not get a good education!

Wow , I have never been to a school board meeting and it should be
quite interesting .
I would like to say I may be reading too much into this before I even
hear what the board has to say. I do know some of the board members and
have a lot of respect for them! I guess it is just the cynical liberal slant
that I am guessing might happen ! My property taxes went up over $400.00
and a 10% hike does not sit well with me. I will give you the scoop late tonight.

Till later tonight I just want to say,
" Won't you help us Gov. Lawton"?

No comments: