Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So "You Don't Like Idiots"

I would like to say something I rarely talk about.

Voter apathy, voter ignorance or just plain stupid!

I want to first start with my belief that most people and some
voters are either stupid or mindless .
When you ask people if they like high taxes they say it doesn't
matter ," you're going to pay it anyway! You talk to people about
political ads , they believe lies and don't believe the truth
( Stem Cell Research). They believe Bob and Tom in the Morning
or CNN but will not believe the Washington Times. Gas prices are up
"it's Bush's fault", gas prices down , Bush is trying to buy the
election. Today we have global warming and have 20 ft. of beach
on our lake. Back in the 1930's there was 120 ft.' of beach on our
lake but that wasn't global warming!

Politics has given me a bad taste from all the apathy and stupidity.

Why should I care about local government?

Why should I care about taxes?

Why should I care about people who don't care about
a $630,000.00 loan in our school district for a unfunded
pension liability?

Why , because what most people who know me do not
know is , I care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight at a county planning commision meeting
I asked one of our county supervisors about there
towns planning. What they are doing , how they are
doing it. Remember to most people I am an idiot who may
partake in adult beverages in excess from time to time.

I mean well , am good hearted but where does that get me.
I may wear my beliefs on my sleeve but at least I believe
in something. He then asked me if our local supervisor
was running for reelection. I said I did not know.

Sorry for being long winded but let me get to the point.
He looked me in the eye and said "you should run for county
supervisor". A wise honest man sitting two chairs from me
at the meeting said that to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told him no I couldn't , my excuse was I have too many skeleton
in my closet! He said he was retire ring and the county was
looking for younger people to help run county government .

He said he could tell I would be a good elected official.
I couldn't really tell him the reason I would not run. I am just sick
and tired of stupid, idiotic, uninformed people in this world.
Remember voter apathy, voter ignorance and just plain stupid!

Well, he looked at me and said "I can tell
"you don't like idiots"!!!!!!!! And I said "you sure got that right"!

It makes one appreciate good people that you come across in
life. One day can bring a change, someone you meet can make a
difference . You cannot change the world, but if you believe in right
and wrong, good and bad, some day your ship will come in.
Do what's right, don't do what others want you to do!

Character is doing something good or doing whats right

when no one else is watching .

Do you have good character????????????????????????

To one of Oconto County's supervisor tonight , I say Thank You.

I need to thank a lot of people for what I wear on my sleeve.
Boots and Sabers, Badger Blogger , GOP3.com,
Charlie Sykes, Marquette Warrior, Patrick McIheran,
Rush , some of my great friends and mentors and all the other
people that have always shared my beliefs.


It's good to know there are a lot of sane intelligent people
in this world and I am not insane after all!


Remember do what right!!!!!!!!!!!
Do what you believe in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes , I DO NOT LIKE IDIOTS.

No comments: