Saturday, July 24, 2010

Still Speculation With Mark Martin

From NASCAR.com
"INDIANAPOLIS -- The question hangs over Mark Martin like the white, puffy cumulus clouds hung over Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Friday. He's said it, he's reiterated it, he's become passionate about it, he's gotten angry over it, and still people wonder -- what will Mark Martin do next season?
Autostock

I made myself perfectly clear last weekend, or over the last several weeks. There is no inclination of any change. But I will tell you this -- there is no road map for me and my future. So don't even start to think about criticizing what I do in 2012 or beyond, because I don't know.

-- MARK MARTIN

The 51-year-old NASCAR veteran is signed to drive the No. 5 car for Hendrick Motorsports through the end of next year, but the more time that passes without some resolution on what the organization will do with Kasey Kahne, the more Martin hears the questions. Hendrick signed Kahne to take control of the No. 5 beginning in 2012, and because of NASCAR's four-car maximum, won't be able to accommodate the young star until then -- unless there's some movement in the team's driver lineup beforehand.

Which is exactly what Ray Evernham thinks might happen. The former Hendrick crew chief, who won three championships with Jeff Gordon before leaving to start his own race team, surmised Friday that at some point Martin will step aside for the greater good of the organization, opening a seat for Kahne for next year." NASCAR.COM - Speculation over 2011 plans raises Martin's ire - Jul 23, 2010

Let's clarify, the old man is my driver.



Always has been, always will be. But I just don't see the passion in Mark since Hendricks announced Kahne going to the # 5 car in 2012. I just know Mark is a good honest, you "nice guy" anything can happen , don't hold your breathe

Mark, let's win Indy!

No comments: