Sunday, November 08, 2009

I Went Over The Edge

I am getting a little sick and tired of local, state and federal spending, mandates, you name it, (I think it was the yes vote on health care that) took me over the edge.
*
From the Pulaski news about the Pulaski Community School District. I am not picking on Ms Rosenberg. She is probably a great teacher but I must be the only one thinking about school district problems, tax levies and insane spending. No, I am not the only one but I need to vent!
"Jessica Rosenberg
By Tim Frisch
Thursday, September 24, 2009


Jessica Rosenberg will be assigned to teach at Sunnyside Elementary School and will be teaching art to grades kindergarten to fifth.

Rosenberg of Pulaski graduated from Pulaski High School in 1997. She has also received a bachelor’s degree of fine arts at UW-Madison in 2001, and a bachelor’s degree of art, and a minor in education from UWGreen Bay in 2008.
Pulaski News - Jessica Rosenberg

I will vent about the following pertaining to the Pulaski Community School District. The Pulaski school district raised the tax levies like most (not all) districts in Wisconsin. People of the Pulaski School district need to wake up. I went to one board meeting and tried to follow school spending. I will air my complaints on what I think is a waste of tax dollars.
*

A teacher for "ART CLASS" for grades kindergarten to fifth. Hello, don't parents buy those big crayons so little children can doodle in coloring books? Oh Paul, how cruel can you be? It's for the children.
*
In September / October they had to get a bridge loan because they were having cash flow problems till January 2010. Didn't they have a budget? Cash flow problems? Say what! Didn't hear a word from the press about it.
*
Kindergarten through fifth grade art teachers!

*

School buses owned by the school district! There must be 70 buses for this school district. Whats wrong with an outside contact.
*
Union member bus drivers! Do they get benefits? Da!
Union wages, union benefits, sick days, extra drivers when some are sick?


Spending $90,000 on a front end loader to plow snow this winter. The other day it was sitting by the school district bus garage. This probably added another union employee to drive it, add benefits , are you really saving money.? Will they have to hire two or more to drive it? What if one gets sick. That's two, three, four new union employees with benefits. CRAZY!

*

The school prints a local newspaper every two weeks. I buy it and like reading it. My problem they have a van with the name on the side. Were talking insurance and expenses.
*

This past summer the district spent stimulus money to fix up local (privately owned) day care centers for K-4! I even thought I heard they have one to two teachers at the day cares in the district! not sure if that's true or not. Maybe someone wants to ask.
*
With the bad economy and lost jobs in the area ( Carver boat, Karcz Ford and Broadway Chevy to name three) did the teachers and their union volunteer to freeze their wages or maybe take a 1% raise to help ease the burden of the budget? Maybe I am a little irked about the teacher or district employee who drives around a Prius with the Obama sticker on it. Yea, that's probably what ticks me off. Nothing like showing partisan liberal politics to students. I bet the music teachers make the children sing "Barack Hussein Obama, Mmmm, Mmmmm, Mmmmm."!
From You Tube and Glenn Beck


You just have to love all this. Tax payers of Pulaski Wisconsin. Bend over, grab your ankles and get ready to vote for a referendum next year. Paul your crazy, they wouldn't do that to us. Unemployment is over 10%! You think your taxes went up in 2010? Wait till 2011.



No comments: