Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Attn Candidates

Campaign 101 from Rush Limbaugh. Please read and tell me what you can take from the following.

RUSH: We're gonna go to Tucson, Arizona, and Christine.  Nice to have you on the program.  Hello.

CALLER:  Hi, Rush!  I'm so excited to talk to you.

RUSH:  Thank you.  Thanks very much.

CALLER:  I want to know why I don't have all my TV cable programs with split screens showing me the storm about to hit, what exactly Obama is doing and the hospital outside where this terrorist is.

RUSH:  Are you talking about the Hurricane/Tropical Storm Ida?

CALLER:  Yes.

RUSH:  Well, you know, it's an interesting question, it is an interesting question and the reason I want to take your call is because this is why I don't think there's anything wrong out there.  I think all these unemployment numbers are just made up.  And you know what?

CALLER:  The media hasn't told us?

RUSH:  Well, because I remember back 2004, 2005, 2006, when there was no recession.

CALLER:  Right.

RUSH:  The media was telling us there was. We were on the precipice of one, and remember when the gasoline price hit four dollars a gallon, the news was just filled with sob story after sob story after sob story.  The media went out and they found all of these people who were suffering economically, and they had these people berating George Bush for not caring what was going on. Unemployment was at 4.7%, an all-time record low.  And yet we got sob story after sob story after sob story on the $4-a-gallon gasoline.  All these stories about, "We're in the recession; it's just about to start," and they went out and they found people economically in distress and they were all over television.  And now, I don't see any of that.

CALLER:  Nope.

RUSH:  I don't see one sob story.  I don't see any interviews of old people having to choose between dog food and medicine during the day.  I don't see any of the stuff that we usually get when a Republican's in the White House and the economy is roaring!

Why not have some You tubes on your web sites. How about 30 sec. spots of the elderly and health care, How about 30 sec spots of people standing in line for flu shots. Let's tell people about Steve Kagen. If you wait for the media to cover you, don't hold your breath.



No comments: