Friday, June 27, 2008

My Fourth Love

Back in the mid 90's I had the chance to buy this beauty. Since the Supreme court decision this past week it made me remember my fourth love in my life. I sold it to buy a cottage at Berry Lake. It was one of a lot of mistakes I have made in my life. I don't even know if I have the correct picture above. What I had at one time was one of a kind.

Maker: www.smith-wesson.com
Action Type: Traditional swing-out-cylinder double-action large-frame revolver with frame-mounted firing pin
Caliber: .357 Magnum/.38 Spl.
Barrel Length: 5 inches
Frame: N-frame, stainless steel
Overall Length: 9 1/2 inches
Weight: Empty, 44 ounces
Hammer: 1/2-inch wide, polished and chromed
Capacity: 8 rounds
Sights: Interchangeable front sight, Patridge front sight, with McGivern gold bead, fully adjustable rear sight
Trigger: .312-inch wide target trigger, chromed
Grips: Hogue rubber
Safeties: Frame-mounted firing-mechanism lock
Other Features: Chamfered charge holes on cylinder, ball-detend lockup, adjustable trigger stop, tapered and contoured barrel, Performance Center locking aluminum guncase.


To hold the black rubber grip was better then holding my wife, (sometimes, no, not all the time).At the shooting range I have to admit it was almost better then sex, I said almost! From the moment I seen this beauty, it was love at first site. Just wanted to say it broke my heart to sell it.

To any gun experts that knows where I might be able to pick one up, let me know. Looking for one McGivern gold bead 357 Magnum with black rubber handle.

I can't take it. I'm not a lib but I could, I said could but will not cry thinking of what I gave up.

My first love, my God.
My second love, my wife,
My third love, my family.
My fourth love,

The McGivern gold bead 357 Magnum

No comments: