Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm a Conservitive First

From Rush's show today. I do not know if I will get in trouble for posting the following but as a conservative I have to repeat what Dawn from Indy said. First the set up and then Dawn.
And one other thing? I'm addressing this because Tony might have articulated -- well, in fact, I know he did because I've had similar calls in the recent past from people who have also said, "Take it easy on McCain." And I've even had people out in public when I have not been on the air, "Can you kind of take it easy on McCain?" Why should I have to change? No, I'm serious. Why should I have to change? Why should I have to sweep my principles aside or under the desk, why is that up to me to do that? I know you don't like it when I say "you people." You know who you are. You should have thought about all this when you're out there voting for Huckabee. You should have thought about all this when you saw McCain and Huckabee teaming up to screw all the other nominees in our party.

You're calling me telling me I gotta bite the bullet. Why don't you call McCain's office and tell him to drop this environmental BS instead of demanding that I drop my principles? It's probably easier getting through to the McCain office than it is getting through to me. It will take you a lot less time getting through to them than to me. But seriously, why should I change? I know what you're saying. I have empathy. "Rush, you don't have to change, but you don't have to destroy the guy's chances." We're doing just the opposite here, folks. You think I want Obama elected? Get real. We can't afford this guy. I don't care how you calculate how you afford something. We can't afford our liberty; we can't afford economically; we cannot afford this guy. We cannot afford this guy with the massive majorities he's going to have in the House and the Senate, in any number of ways. But at the same time, it's not just McCain on the ballot. There's a whole bunch of Republicans and conservatives out there who look to get swamped right now unless something's done, and they are Republicans, and do you see any coattails here?


CALLER: Well, what guarantees do I have that McCain is going to do any better than Obama?

RUSH: You don't have guarantees about anything, but common sense here should tell you that Obama--

CALLER: It's going to be bad, I agree.

RUSH: It's disaster. It is going to be a literal disaster.

CALLER: So Obama's fast disaster and McCain is slow disaster?

RUSH: Well (laughing), no. I've not reached this fatalistic point that you have seemed to have arrived at here, Dawn. I'm not there yet. It's not over. Even after the election, nothing's ever over! There is no end. Nothing ever ends. We just think it does. We want it to end, so we say, "Okay, this is over," but it's not over. These kind of things are never over.

CALLER: Okay.

RUSH: Even when you lose you still have a chance of turning it around and win. Loss is not final. Defeat is never the end.

CALLER: Except it seems to me we got a lose-lose situation. (laughing)

RUSH: We gotta lose-lose situation?

CALLER: Either candidate, we lose.

RUSH: (laughing) I know. I know. I know.
END TRANSCRIPT
.


How many republicans remember November of 92 when Bill Clinton won the election. I remember the place, the time and what I said when they called the race for Clinton. I thought it was one of the worst days in my life for politics.Bush 1 was not conservative "read my lips", where did that get us? How will I vote in November? As Rush said " Even when you lose you still have a chance of turning it around and win."

I am a conservative first, What do you think?

How many of you will bite the bullet? How much more will get shoved down Americans throats before they wake up?

No comments: