Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Berry Laker's White Deer


Location, Hwy 51 west , just east of Bay road, a half mile east of CTH W in Manitowish Waters.


As I was traveling to Hurley this morning, a truck slowed down for some deer crossing the road. In front of the right side of the truck I could see two brown deer running from left to right. As the truck moved on I turned to the right to see the deer. The Lord must of been with me. Right there , three white tail deer, two brown and one completely white, white tail deer, What an awesome sight.

The locals all said they have a few around that area. One person said there must be a buck with stamina and is producing several white deer. He said the white herd is growing. I don't know if it was an albino or not. I did not see pink eyes. What ever the case, if you havent seen one in the wild, your missing something spectacular. I could not believe what I was seeing. Most people will never see such a sight.
If I only had my camera. Well it looked like the one above but no horns. The above picture is from google search. The dumb ass I am , I certainly will take a camera with me next time.

Oh crap, I just thought of it, I had a camera on my cell phone! O K , I'm an idiot. The moment was just too much.

No comments: