Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Those Wolves Are So Cute

Since I live in the Nicolet Forest I found this article about a wolf preying on a deer and a lot of misconceptions about Wolves. Good to read the whole thing. 

A Wolf in the Fold > Buckmasters > View All Articles

"While researching this article, I came across a website that featured a video clip of a pack of wolves howling. The site invited visitors to comment on the video, and the remarks were shocking. “Wolves are so cute that I want to hug them and kiss them,” was one comment. Now I’ve heard the term “bunny hugger” before, but that comment took the cake.

The writer returned to the scene the next day and took this photo of the wolf tracks.
Anybody who thinks wolves are friendly or cuddly is living in a fantasy world. I’m neither a wolf lover nor a wolf hater. Wolves are what they are, and their entire lives revolve around killing to survive. They are not evil, but they certainly are not more humane than hunters when it comes to taking prey. The particulars on how wolves deal out death is perhaps one of the most misunderstood aspects of wildlife behavior"

No comments: