Monday, March 22, 2010

Steve Kagen, From Outside The 8th

.
A copy of an e mail message I received from someone outside the 8th district sent to


Congressman Steve Kagen.

Dear Dr. Kagen:

I will not insult such a learned person as yourself by insinuating that you are too stupid to have voted so wrongly as you did today on the "healthcare" bill, HR 3590l. Instead, I will quote one of the tenets of the Hippocratic Oath, and question your ethics as a physician. To wit:

"I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody if asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art."

HR3590 is a deadly drug if there ever was one, it surreptitiously encourages abortive remedies, and with all of its backroom deals, bribes and threats, is neither pure nor holy. And you voted "yes".

I believe that you are fully aware of the damage this law will cause, and will not bother herein to list the obvious. It is that awareness that causes me to express my extreme disappointment in your vote.

You can see by my address that I do not live in your district. However, I can assure you that I, and many others who live in nearby districts can call, email and otherwise seek to inform your constituents of this patently irresponsible vote, when and if you decide to seek re-election. And we shall do just that.

With no other recourse, I must close with a feeling of deep remorse. I pray for your soul.

Sincerely, I am

Richard Papke


Thank You Richard, we in the 8th have the same sediment. Either Dr Kagen should retire from congress or we need to replace him in November. By the way, the above picture is Steve Kagen. You just don't see Pelosi's hands pulling the strings.

No comments: