Sunday, February 14, 2010

Question

Berry Laker clan in Milwaukee and Pulaski, your parents have gone back to the stone age.
Day 1 with internet.
Sitting here at the compound sipping my Maxwell House java I beg to ask you the following question.

What is slower then a turtle,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
slower then molasses,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
slower then a frozen bottle of Hienz ketchup?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Answer, HOLY CRAP, DIAL UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.
.

Going through testing of dial up service and am not a happy camper. So far, 5 min to download a 1:06 You Tube. I am using Mrs B's computer and hope when I bring my Dell to the compound it will be a little bit faster. I ask that all you say a prayer for my sanity during my time with dial up.

Also I want to say the gal at Centurylink who was helping me set up dial up on this computer was a first class # 1 ass when it came to people skills. She obviously doesn't like talking to people about her companies services. WHAT A JERK!!!!!!!!! If centurylink will have lay offs, she is the first that should go! If I find a faster service, I know what phone company will be dropped like a lead balloon.

6 comments:

Dad29 said...

Just for fun, did you look at satellite-service--HughesNet?

Paul - Berry Laker said...

Dad, I looked at the $300 install fee and $70 monthly charge and said that is out of our budget. I was hoping dial up would not be this bad.

I guess i will have to win the lottery to get satilite internet, and that won't happen.

I'm hoping my computer is faster then Mrs B's compaq. I won't move that one up here for two weeks.

Thanks for the comment and have a GREAT week.

Soapbox Jill said...

I remember folding lots of laundry while our dial-up loaded each page not too long ago. When there was no more laundry to fold, I was known to occasionally yell at the computer. It didn't help but it made me feel like a participant in the process. If you're stuck with a slow-response, you could always read a book, or clip yr nails.

Paul - Berry Laker said...

Jill,
Thank you for the help. I already chewed all my nails off. Mrs Berry Laker will certinly be happy when I can do the laundry as soon as I get the washer and dryer hooked up .

You made my night with your past dial up experience. I thought dial up was in the past like 45 records and 8 track tapes.

Have a GREAT week

CenturyLinkJoey said...

Paul,

Thanks for letting me help you out. Hope to get some info back for you soon.

Joey from CenturyLink.

Paul - Berry Laker said...

Joey from Centurylink

Thank you for you comment and thank you for looking into my problems.