Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dish Network

I'm a little late with this but need to spread the word. Satellite TV was set up last Saturday.

To start out, for the past eight weeks we only had digital TV here at the compound. the only channels we were getting were D2- 1, D2-2, D2-3, D5-1 (sometimes), D11-1 and D14-1 out of Green Bay.

After watching the Super Bowl go in and out on channel D5-1, I said enough is enough. Called Dish mover and had a young man came all the way from Appleton to hook up Dish. Trying to get Dish HD was a pain. The tech expert walked around the compound for a half hour trying to get a strong signal. I had a couple of choices but a couple of mighty oak trees had to come down. Went over to the neighbors and asked if I could borrow his electric chain saw. I'm not good with a chainsaw. A side note, we have some great people living by us. Not full time residents like us but just GREAT people. We are truly blessed.

Back to the Dish. Regular channels, no HD, needed a south and a south east satellite to get what I wanted. "I can put it here but that tree has to go, I can put it here but those two trees have to go. I can give you regular dish but no HD, we can come back in spring after you drop some trees"

With the electric saw in hand the thought of a tree falling on me as I would try to cut a mighty oak down was running through my head. Would Mrs B see me get flattened? If I was still alive, how long would it take to get a ambulance up here? Would flight for life even be able to land here? I didn't even buy my plot at St Casimirs yet.

It looked bleek at the Berry Laker compound. This guy is good, low and behold, he gives me the option to put it on the roof and pick up a HD satellite from the southwest but regular TV channels from Green Bay will not be HD. CRAP! he did say it would be $5.00 cheaper on my bill. The Daytona 500 and the NASCAR season begins and I have to be without Dish?

"Sold, put is up" was all I could say.

He put the dish up, ran the wires and set up the two TV's. By 12:30 he was on his way to his next stop. Mrs B had the brats done and a case of bottles on ice to enjoy the Nationwide race. Too bad for Danica Patrick.

We have been loyal Dish customers for the past 11 or so years. Direct, cable, you guys can't even come close to Dish Network.

Thank you to Dish and to the young man that came to set it up.

No comments: