Friday, April 17, 2009

Paul ( John Kerry ) Ryan, Again

From Michelle Malkin.

"I voted for it before I voted against it."

It just amazed me why people gush over Paul John "rock star, up and coming future leader for the republican party" Kerry Ryan and still give him a pass. Show me where Kerry Ryan said he was sorry! I have read he said he made a mistake but where is the apology to the people of this country? Didn't happen and still don't trust him. Want to see a conservative, look at Rick Perry from Texas.

Thinking out loud, "what the heck was AFP thinking having Kerry Ryan speaking at the tea party anyway?" The Tea Parties were supposed to be grassroots, non partisan. They didn't need politicians campaigning for votes! Lost respect for AFP. Here's the read from Ms Malkin, I agree!


Did they fall for the Chicken Little scenarios plied by Paulson et al.? Ryan did. If so, the first words out of their mouths at the Tea Party protests should be:

"I’m sorry.

Now is not the time to sing kumbaya with the GOP or indulge in celebrity worship. This is the chance to hold your politicians accountable for engaging in legislation without deliberation, for “sacrificing the free market to save it” to paraphrase George the pre-socializer Bush, and for abandoning their fiscal conservative principles in the mad rush to “Do something.” (Quoting Rep. Ryan from last fall: “Doing nothing is the worst thing we could do!”)

I hope someone in Madison will ask why Tea Party activists should trust him not to crumble the next time the big government juggernaut yells “emergency!”

Promoting his tea party appearance, Ryan told a local radio station:

“I think the message is people are fed up with this notion of chasing ever-higher spending with ever-higher taxes. There’s a limit to how much you can soak the taxpayer.”

Message to GOP opportunists hitching their wagons to the Tea Party movement:

Practice what you preach when it matters. Not after the fact.

(And that goes for retired politicians and presidential hopefuls who flip-flopped on TARP and bailoutpalooza, too.)" Michelle Malkin » An Army of Tax Revolters — and a warning to fair-weather Republicans

To all you Ryan backers. Where are your beliefs here. You say your conservative, you say you are against wasteful government, your at the Tea parties, you blog when Ryan speaks giving kudos, sounds like the same old, same old that got us into this mess!

Can we just be honest about this?

For God's sake, get your heads out of the clouds! I don't like commenting about Paul Ryan like this but I will say it like Michelle Malkin said it, where is the "I'm Sorry"!

Talking heads are all talking about the Tea Parties. Where will they go from here?

They will go where there is a leader. Paul Ryan is not a leader until he comes clean!

Shame on those for turning the other way and not holding Paul Ryan to the high standards they believe in themselves.

If Paul Ryan wants to lead us, then show us how to lead.

I will never again waste my vote for the good of the party or the lesser of two evils. No matter what happens I will be OK. I may be gone when they come but a leader for this great country will emerge.

Looking for leadership from a LEADER and not politics waving in the wind!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Practice what you preach when it matters. Not after the fact." EXACTLY. If the Republicans now claim to have changed, how can they prove it to us??? At least if congress were to go Republican in 2010, they might be more inclined to be conservative because of the hard-left Obama. www.shirts4freedom.com

Paul - Berry Laker said...

Anonymous, thanks for writing.

Did I hit a nerve. Just telling it the way I see it and the way I feel. If your for Ryan, then we can agree to disagree. I'm just looking for Mr. Ryan to take responsibility for his actions. Did he not vote for the bailout? Did he not vote to take bonuses away from AIG private citizens?

If Mr. Ryan wants to be a leader for our country then the ball is in his court not mine. If we all believe in the same results we need to be honest and up front with our future leaders and they have to do the same for us.

Should I keep my opinions to my self and then have the left take care of us all. Sorry, that's not for me.

Have a GREAT day and weekend. I do appreciate your comments.

Dad29 said...

Actually, Ryan DID say that both (R) and (D) pols were to blame.

Unlike the Chair of the State GOP, who couldn't help himself in trying to make political points...

Paul - Berry Laker said...

Dad,
If Ryan said both were to blame that's a start. It's to the point, who can you trust? Who will tell you one thing and then do the opposite when elected?

I thought Bush was the right choice and then all spending broke loose. No child , campaign finance etc!

Where was Ryan's head on the AIG vote, how could he get head winked like that.There is no excuse for that kind of vote unless your trying to be nice with the left!

Thanks again and enjoy.