Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Town Hall Meeting July 31,

From the Chad Freadette web site.
"New Report Shows Minimum Markup Costing Wisconsin Consumers Millions
Over the past month, I have been leading the charge on fighting for lower gas prices at the pump, specifically calling for the repeal of Wisconsin’s Minimum Markup Law. A recently released report from the Wisconsin Policy Research Institute (WPRI) demonstrates the stunning magnitude of this law, forcing consumers to shell out millions of dollars extra just to drive their cars. You can read the report in its entirety by clicking here.

This report proves what I’ve been saying for weeks: Wisconsin consumers are being forced by their government to pay artificially high prices at the gas pumps. It is just plain wrong for Senator Hansen to continue to support this antiquated law, particularly now that many Republicans and even Democratic Governor Jim Doyle are calling for its repeal." Chad Fradette For Wisconsin » Blog Archive » New Report Shows Minimum Markup Costing Wisconsin Consumers Millions

Two weeks ago, I sent Senator Hansen a letter inviting him to join me for a series of joint town hall meetings to discuss ways to lower the burden of high gas prices. I offered to meet on dates and in locations of mutual agreement. To date, Senator Hansen has ignored my request. Recently, I publicly invited him to join me for a joint town hall meeting. I have reserved a meeting room at the Brown County Public Library on July 31st at 6pm. I invite all interested voters of the 30th Senate District and members of the media to join me to talk about ways to ease the burden at the gas pumps. I look forward to seeing you there.


If you care about high prices make time to attend. Will Dave Hansen attend?

No comments: