Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Put out the Welcome Mat

Well ,I just thought I would fill you in with our special town meeting.
The board voted to pay $333.00 towards a grant through the WDNR
and the EPA for Berry Lake here in Oconto County. The EPA is coming
this year to the lake to do core samples around the lake. The grant the
town voted yes to is to do a survey to the people around the lake.
The total Grant was for a whopping $13,000.00 to pay for a survey.
Where does this grant money come from. Yes TAXES!!!!!!
First a survey, then soil samples , then habitat studies, then a protected
water resource ordinance, then reduced boat motor size to stop destroying
the plants in the water, then to only non motorized boats on the lake,
I can't wait!

The first thing I want to say is that we had 11 people show up plus the
six people from the town board. Total towns population around 850!
That 1.3 % of the town! The grant information seemed to be
a surprise to most there! Most didn't know there were 2-3 other meetings
before this. The town board made the comment that at
most monthly town board meetings only one to three people ever show up!
O K, here's my gripe , most people on the lake don't give a crap about anything
except for the social party's in the summer. We have someone on our lake
with his nose up close with the WDNR and nobody wants to talk to the guy !
If someone doesn't pay attention to what he and others are doing , all hell
will break loose and you will have no one to blame but yourselves! If you don't
like what is going on I have a question for you. Where in the heck
have you been ? Will someone pay attention? I do say there are
two people who care on this lake but no one will listen to them.
And their good people!

Time will tell what will happen on Berry Lake. Someday and it may take
a few years , we will have more restrictions , more regulation , and more
nanny government intruding on our personnel freedoms. I love this lake and
want to protect it too, but when civil liberties get taken away because
of a extinct turtle that lived here 250 years ago . I can just see a TON and I
mean a TON of enviromental WACKO'S all over this lake!
That's where I draw the line .

Can we all say

WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT of NATURAL RESOURCES !

Can we all say

E P A !

I'll put the welcome mat out for them before they get here!

No comments: