Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kagan Watch 1/23/07 , How Did I Miss This

Thanks Charlie Sykes for the update from the Appleton Post Cresent.
So Dr K is sorry for the distraction! Dr K did you or did you not say
"you were going to kick Karl Roves ASS"? Did you call Mrs. Laura Bush
"Barbara" Answer the question!
You can't even tell the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 21, 2007
Rep. Steve Kagen column:
I'm sorry for distraction and will work hard for you
I have officially been your congressman for almost three weeks

now. In this short time, I'm even more struck than I was when
I first decided to run by the enormity of the challenges we face
— in Iraq, in our nation's health care system, along our borders,
in our public schools and universities, in our jobs and in the record
debt we risk leaving for our children and grandchildren.

Yet, you have probably heard more about my appearance at
last year's White House reception for new lawmakers than you
have about the issues my colleagues and I are grappling with
today on your behalf. And that's a shame because you deserve
better.

I apologize for handling this situation as I did. I allowed this
distraction to get out of hand and divert our attention from the
critically important work we're doing.

My mishandled attempt at humor wasn't delivered or received
well. It won't happen again.

I'm completely committed to bipartisan efforts to confront the
issues you sent me here to address. We have already voted to lower
drug prices for seniors, restore fiscally responsible budget rules, end
the stranglehold lobbyists had on lawmakers, raise the minimum wage
and cut interest rates for students attending college and technical
schools.

We have started on a new path toward energy independence, so we
rely on our own resources, rather than foreign powers. Republicans
and Democrats have been voting together for positive change.

But these are just the first steps. There's still much more to do to
make our families and our country stronger.

I have heard from working families and business owners everywhere
who tell me health care costs are simply out of reach. Farm families
asked me to do something about high costs for energy that hit them
twice — once when they buy fertilizer and again when they purchase fuel.

During the next two years, I will put partisanship aside and fight hard
every day to relieve impossible health care and energy costs.

From my position as the only Wisconsin congressman on the
Agriculture Committee, I hope to make sure our farm families
receive a fair price for their products, our rural communities are
able to support healthy families and we continue to conserve
our air, water and soils for future generations.

Businesses and workers from Marinette to the Paper Valley
are being slammed by unprecedented foreign competition.
Reversing the loss of higher wage jobs to cheap overseas labor
markets is essential for the security of our families and our nation.

I will continue to work hard with my Republican colleague,
Tom Petri, on the Transportation Committee to improve the
infrastructure critical to our New North region and our way of life.

I will also concentrate on ending our military involvement in
Iraq's civil war.

Working together, we will grow our economy, educate our
children and secure our national and global health.

In Washington, partisanship is a contact sport. Half of this town
thinks their political party is more important than their country.

Well, I have cared for tens of thousands of patients over the past
25 years, and I have never met anyone who thinks that being a
Democrat or a Republican is more important than being an
American from northeast Wisconsin.

In the weeks and months ahead, you and I may have different
points of view on specific issues. But I won't let you down.

Rep. Steve Kagen can be reached at 202-225-5665 or through
his Web site at kagen.house.gov.

BLA ,BLA ,BLA, BLA, BLA ,don't answer the question and blame
someone else!!!!!
You Libs just kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: