Thursday, November 09, 2006

Town Meeting Tonight

Tonight I will be attending a special town meeting concerning the
purchase of two trucks for the Fire department to upgrade
their water trucks.
Cost is around $94,000.00 for two.
The towns people will vote to autherize the town
spending $64,000.00 on a loan to purchase them.
They already have $30,000.00 already.

Aldo we need to authorize by vote on how much to borrow on road
repair for next year.

I fully understand we need better equipment for the fire
department but want to make sure we are getting the best
price for the best equipment . Did the fire department do
there homework?

Also we need the equipment , but how much am I going to
fork out in more taxes? Our assessed value went up 72% ,
will my taxes go up 72% ?

Also we have around 850 residents in our township.
How many residents will show up ?
At most monthly meetings for our township there are at most
one , two, or three people showing up at the last couple of meetings.

One person runs the recycling center (He's there to get paid) .

One person has been from the fire department ( he
wants to get two updated water trucks - $94,000.00).

And me, If I don't go no one would be there!

People BITCH all the time about Property Taxes
but never are interested in local goverment .

Don't get me wrong. The people we elected are good people
who care about our township! They care about spending in
our township! They are always there to do what they can to
better our our town. Their good people!

My problem is with the citizens who again BITCH but don't care.

I'll let you know tonight how many people care
about their township and let you know the results !

No comments: