Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pawlenty Quits, One Down Several More Need To Drop

Pawlenty quits race for president after disappointment in Iowa - TwinCities.com

"AMES, Iowa - After spending much of his money to finish a distant third in the Ames Straw Poll, Tim Pawlenty ended his presidential bid Sunday.

'We needed to get some lift to continue on and have a pathway forward and that didn't happen, so I'm announcing on your show that I'm ending my campaign for president,' the former governor said on 'This Week.'

The Minnesota Republican revealed his decision on an early morning conference call with supporters, an aide told POLITICO.

'I wish it would have been different, but obviously the pathway forward for me doesn't really exist, so we're going to end the campaign,' Pawlenty told ABC's Jake Tapper."

So voters saw through the, I was for cap and tax before I was against it and the I was for ethanol before I was against it guy. 


Cross one off my RINO list of prez candidates.


Don't worry, he'll find a job as a lobbyist. 

No comments: