Thursday, September 02, 2010

My Vote For Wis. Lt Governor

I will not endorse any candidate. I will only tell you who I will vote for and why.

Three candidates are running in the upcoming republican primary for Lt. Gov..

State Rep. Brett Davis, Superior Mayor Dave Ross and Rebecca Kleefisch. Let's look at each candidate and my thoughts on them.

Sept. 10, update. To be fair to all candidates I did omit one that is on the ballot that I did not mention. Nicholas Voegeli is also on the republican primary ballot.

Nicholas Voegeli - graduate of Marquette, worked in both private and public accounting. He is a CPA and CMA who resides in Sun Praire Wisconsin. Retired as a Lt Commander after 20 years active / reserve duty as a Navy officer. Ran for Lt gov. in 2006. I have also read several links to Mr Voegeli. He has also read and commented on some of my posts. It was not fair leaving him out of my post on Lt gov which is the reason for adding this information. Mr Voegeli makes some very good points, has written several editorials and was on Wisconsin Public Radio but as of today I cannot make a fair assumption of his candidacy but at least wanted to let my two readers know some of his information.

Another updated candidate,

Robert Lorge - Here is a link to his web site. He was not on my radar screen so I cannot say either way on his positions.

I will admit of my lack of knowledge on the above two candidates. Because of my lack of their positions at this late date I cannot make a call on them. I am just a voter and will not go into the voting booth and take a guess on who I should vote for. I have to draw my own conclusion and make my vote count. There has been times in the past either in state or local races I had no idea who that person was. In those cases, I did not cast a vote for that specific race. Just telling you my position. Now to the three candidates that I know about.

Dave Ross - if you don't own a gun and want the Milwaukee to Madison high speed rail system, then he's your man. Ross was a member of "Mayors Against Illegal Guns. What gun would Ross consider illegal? You have to really think about that. High speed rail, Who is going to flip the bill to run that ill conceived choo choo train? The people of Wisconsin will pay for it out of the transportation funds. The funding the state uses for roads in the state. Or maybe a new rail tax, I can see it now. Sorry, Mr Ross is not my choice.

Brett Davis - the person picked and backed by a lot of republicans in the state. As state representative Davis sponsored ethanol mandates. He voted for mandates on ethanol and now say's he is against it. Say what, another John Kerry? Davis a republican ( say what) voted with Jim Doyle to increase taxes in Wisconsin. Voted for the money being taken from the Patients Compensation fund which was overturned by the state supreme court. So now the state is on the hook for the 200 million dollars plus interest that the state will have to pay back to doctors. Thank you Brett Davis for your votes.

With republicans like Davis why didn't he run as a democrat? God forbid Davis is elected, something happens to the next governor and Davis would the be gov. and pick up right where Jim Doyle left off. People like Davis, Diamond Jim Doyle and other democrats got us into this mess. Rino's like Davis is not my choice for Lt gov. You wonder why I have problems with the republican party. They back candidates that are not conservative.


Rebecca Kleefisch - ok, she has no political experience. So! All politicians started some where. Yes, in Wisconsin the Lt Governor's position depending on who the Governor is can be a do nothing position. Look at Bab's Lawton. Rebeeca is married to Joel Kleefisch who is the state representative for the Wisconsin 36th district. You think Rebeeca doesn't know how Madison works? Raising taxes and fee's, raiding doctors and road funds, standing up for voter fraud. What more does she have to know? The bottom line, Kleefisch is a conservative. I see Kleefisch making changes in Madison. Changes we need today. Do you want change or do you want the same old same old?

From her web site

I’m pro-life. I believe life begins at conception and ends at natural death and that we need to respect the dignity of life at all stages.
I believe in our right to protect our families. I’ve received gun training and while I may not yet be an Olympic-caliber marksman, I do know I have a right to protect my family. I believe Concealed Carry would deter crime in Wisconsin. I understand that hunting has been a cherished family tradition in our great state for generations. I will work to protect and respect the rights of responsible gun owners.

With the right governor elected and Rebecca Kleefisch as Lt Gov., we can turn around this mess that Doyle, Lawton, Davis and the rest on the left got us into.



I'm voting for Kleefisch


Link to her web site.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An excellent choice.

DR said...

Great choice, I am also voting for Kleefisch. I linked to this and your support for Johnson.