Thursday, October 29, 2009

Republican 8th District Candidates Bio's

From the Fox Valley Initiative. Thank You Jim Steineke

"Take Back Your Government!!

Here is your first chance to participate in an event that will begin the journey down the road to responsible government in northeast Wisconsin.

There is no need to register and the event is free, but if you plan to attend please take a second to register below." Take Back Your Government!! « Fox Valley Initiative

Candidate forum that is being held next Tuesday evening, November 3rd at 6:30pm at the Grand Meridian in Appleton (2621 N. Oneida Street).

Bio's of three candidates. You can also go to the links to read further on each candidate.
"Introducing Andy Williams – 8th Congressional Candidate
Why he is running:

I’ve entered this race because I believe I have what the Republican Party has come to lack: an aggressive, informed, and constitutional approach to what our government should and shouldn’t be doing to protect our freedoms and ensure our rights. If you look around at those who represent us, you will see, with few exceptions, a cowed and timid response, bent on compromise, regardless of the strength or weakness of an argument. You will not find the same infirmity in my constitution.

Whatever happened to those Americans who could stand with an unbending will to see that our government fulfilled its promises? Where are those who caused the insincere and inconsequential to break upon their wit and tenacity? Our country is adrift for lack of a helmsman, and our eighth district representative seems to have missed the boat.

The solutions to our problems are not complicated. The framework already exists; the hard thinking has already been done. We need only apply the principles and foundations given to us. They are the star, the light of the shining city on the hill, that will safely guide us. To pay tribute to any other system or operation by applying a different set of principles or foundations is treason, and we must rid our government of those who would commit such treason.

If history is doomed to repeat itself, as we are told, then it must also provide those who would answer the call. I’ve served my country in the Army and in the Navy. Now, I want to serve you, the people. "
Introducing Andy Williams – 8th Congressional Candidate « Fox Valley Initiative



"Introducing Marc Savard – 8th Congressional Candidate

Why he is running:

I am running because I believe that our current US Congress is taking this country in the wrong direction, and I want to change that, by getting this country back on a solid financial footing.

Over the last several years we have seen an explosion of government spending and borrowing that is unsustainable for the long term economic health of our country. Republicans must start acting like Republicans and stand for the principles that founded this country, such as:

1 Individual liberty protected by our constitution from the intrusions of an overreaching federal government.
2 The defense of our homeland through a strong military, and the freedom to worship God as we see fit.

This campaign will be all about getting our federal government back to the basics it was founded on and I need your support in this endeavor.

We will be pushing back against a trend that has taken our country to the brink of financial insolvency. It will take all of us to fight the good fight to return us to the nation we know it has been and will be again.

www.savardforcongress.com"
Introducing Marc Savard – 8th Congressional Candidate « Fox Valley Initiative



"Introducing Reid Ribble – 8th Congressional Candidate

Why He Is Running:

My name is Reid Ribble and I have decided to run for the U.S. House of Representatives in the 8th Congressional district of Wisconsin. The idea to run has been on my mind for many years, but life kept getting in the way. I am a roofing contractor by trade, and owning and operating your own business takes a lot of time.

I am also married and have two adult children – and most recently I have been blessed with two grandchildren. Each of these relationships requires attention, as all husbands, fathers and grandfathers know. Spending the time, resources and energy required to maintain healthy family relationships can be both exhausting and exhilarating. I have been married for 34 years, and that relationship is still the single most important thing in my life. Ultimately, all of my relationships – at home and at work – have shaped me (sometimes my kids suggest misshaped me) and have given me a broader view of the world.

In spite of the hectic pace of my life, it is because of these relationships, and mostly because of my children and grandchildren, that I feel compelled to run for Congress. I care deeply that the U.S. Congress and our president continue, as they have for decades, to spend money they don’t have. I care deeply that my grandchildren will be forced to pay for benefits to recipients who will have long since passed on.

I care deeply about government intrusion into our daily lives. I care about the impact of unnecessary government regulations that have driven up costs for businesses, and consequently to consumers. I care that the national debt is growing every day, and will become even more of a burden to future generations. I care that the congress of the United States routinely disregards the U.S. Constitution when promulgating laws.

Add to these concerns a health care system that is failing, a $36 trillion unfunded liability for Medicare, a population that is aging without enough young workers to replace them, then you have serious problems that never seem to get addressed. Some in Congress would have us believe that just raising taxes on the wealthy will make things better. I believe the real solutions are more complicated. In this campaign I plan on offering solutions and a plan to balance the federal budget, reduce the size of government and restore the Constitution to its rightful place." Introducing Reid Ribble – 8th Congressional Candidate « Fox Valley Initiative


No comments: