Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wind Chill - Hog Wash

Accu weather is telling me the wind chill here in Gillett is 45 below 0. How cold is that?

I will first say I am no scientist. Mark Belling once said that he doesn't believe in wind chill factors. The temp. is what it is . Throw out the idea of wind chill. ten below is colder than 10 above, 25 below is colder than 5 above. Cold is cold! Dress for it!

Here's my question.

I'm traveling in my car on my way to Green Bay.
The temperature gauge shows the outside temp at 15 below 0.
I'm traveling 60 MPH.
What is the wind chill? From weather.gov

The Wind chill from there chart shows the wind chill at 55 below 0.

If the wind chill is 55 below, how come my gauge doesn't change to -55?

Why does it stay at 15 below?
Shouldn't my car feel like 55 below .
Is my car conservative or liberal?
Should I ask my car if it feels cold and give it some compassion or maybe government subsidies to help it!
Hillary, if it feels -55 than it should be - 55? What will you do for my car?
No, I do not talk to my car unless I'm low on gas and a station is not in site.

Until proven different , I'll pass on wind chill.

Also, when I was a kid 40 years ago, I don't remember so many school closings. The teachers just had a vacation. Hey, let's give em another raise. WEAC sure has it made!

Dress for the conditions!

1 comment:

Jo Egelhoff, FoxPolitics.net said...

This is great. I love it.