Friday, January 11, 2008

NPR

Update 11:10 a m Sat.
Andy commented that since he didn't hear the show he wanted me to be a little more clearer on my comments. Sorry Andy, I did not tape it and will try to clarify as much as I can in Red. Comments in black are my original posts.


I cannot believe it, I am listening to NPR, Wow! I am a conservative and could not see myself ever listening to the left wing NPR. It's dribble most of the time. The money our tax dollars pay for NPR is a waste of my time and my tax dollars.

Not much but here's go ! No I'm not an expert, just my own thoughts and not all quotes are accurate. Just Paraphrasing.
Week in Review, 8 – 9 a.m., on the Ideas Network. 88.1 FM
Louis Fortis from the left and Jo Egelhoff from the Right

Late start, here goes. This is my first stab at live blogging, Andy can you tell?

The guy asking the question if a African American or a women can be elected president. - sounded like a professor from the UW system! Only thought it was some intellectual nerd trying to get on the radio!

Louis - (he's a lefty) what does Lilly white Iowa mean??????????????????
Seems a lefty can get away saying anything and a conservative would get thrown overboard!

Question about the New Hampshire election.
Jo, ( conservative ) GREAT answer on the electability issue! Character matters! See, it takes a conservative to make a valid true statement. To lefties, character doesn't matter. should I remind people of the blue dress.

Louis, ( lefty) wants a brokered convention- oh yea, he wants Algor!
You really can't make this up, ALGOR??????

Question was who's fault was it for the polls calling Obama the New Hampshire winner and Hillary winning after the vote.
The republicans are at fault for the touch screen conspiracy against Obama.
It's the dems vote and they blame the republicans , they wanted Hillary!
Always blame the RIGHT!
Wow, gotta love that!
CNN (Clinton News Network must be working overtime on the right wing conspiracy theory's).
Hillary said it was the vast right wing conspiracy back in 92!

Question about the state of the US economy.
Louis- ( lefty) state of economy- slowing, next year slowing down!
I thought he would blame Bush! More exports are bad?

Question was about how the accident in the fog by Madison was not as much of a story than some car accident in Florida.
Madison car accident headline in the news - Louis- (lefty) I don't really care unless we can blame society for it.
( paraphrasing )

Question was about the vote in New Hampshire.
Voter I D registration (Louis) ( lefty) -why is our turnout so low? Because the libs are just dumbing down society. Wow, there's no fraud, what about the fraud in Milwaukee. Yea Louis, did you remember all the Iraq's with there blue finger and we worry about cut tires and how many voters and collage students voting twice in two areas or two states!

Jo, ( from the right) good jab at the poll tax! Louis (lefty) took a jab at Jo about republicans liking or not liking a poll tax at election polling places.

Question was about who supports or does not support the states smoking ban.
Smoking ban- Louis- ( lefty) it's not an illegal substance.
Jo- ( from the right) good, throw it back at Doyle and the dems!

Question on Wisconsins min. wage.
Min wage - If min wage should go up , Louis, (lefty) why don't you give your thirty employee's a $15.00 raise? How about a $20.00 raise, how about $25.00. You a highly respected business owner, pay them the money! Why wait for the law to change!

These are only my comments and take no responsibility for phrases , comments or opinions.

Thanks Jo, ( GREAT Conservative from Appleton) you did GREAT ! We are glad we have someone like Jo in the Fox Valley.

P S Louis is from Milwaukee, don't know a lot about him, guess I have some homework to do.

Berry Laker

"Andy", I know this probably doesn't answer your question very well , but I am a novice and I really appreciate your comments.


4 comments:

Andy Vogel said...

huh? I know you're only paraphrasing, but I missed the show and have no idea where Jo and Louis stand on these issues based on your write-up.

Any chance you could try to make it a bit more clear?

Andy Vogel said...

huh? I know you're only paraphrasing, but I missed the show and have no idea where Jo and Louis stand on these issues based on your write-up.

Any chance you could try to make it a bit more clear?

Paul - Berry Laker said...

Andy, I didn't know you work at the Shepherd Express or do I have old information? So you didn't listen to the program? You sure you didn't catch some of the program? By the way does Louis Fortis also work there? Just wondering. Thank You for your question and I really do appreciate you reading my blog.
It certainly is a pleasure.
Paul

Jo Egelhoff, FoxPolitics.net said...

Paul, you did great with your live blogging! I love it. Thanks so much for tuning in. To learn more about Louis Fortis, check out http://www.shepherd-express.com/ - it's Fortis' weekly. Pretty much to the left. I usually feature an article or two from the Shep Express in Thursday's FoxPolitics News, even though must be careful - as news from the Shep-Express is often OpinioNews.