Thursday, December 13, 2007

Packer / Cowboy Joke


Got this from my friend in Colorado through e mail.

Sorry Owen and Jed but I thought it was worth the post!


After today's Packer win, I thought about the following joke that I received several days ago. So here goes the story.

God asks Peyton Manning first: "What do you believe?"

Peyton thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, "I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I was lucky, but I always tried to do right by my fans."

God can't help but see the essential goodness of Manning, and offers him a seat to his left.

Then God turns to Tony Romo and says, "What do you believe?"

Tony says, "I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I've always tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing fields."

God is greatly moved by Tony's sincere eloquence, and offers him a seat to his right.

Finally, God turns to Brett Favre: "And you, Brett, what do you believe?"

Brett replies, "I believe you're in my seat."

I'm a Catholic so for you that thinks this isn't funny, get a life.

I pray often and I do not think my Creator cares.

I think that our Father is with us. Go Pack!



1 comment:

Marcus Aurelius said...

John Elway has just punched out and God is taking him on his introductory tour of Heaven.

They go by this incredibly beautiful mansion all decked out in the Green & Gold and Packer gear, memorabilia etc.

At the end of the tour God points to a little bungalow and says to John: "John, there is your piece of Heaven, congratulations on making it!". John, looks perplexed and says "God, I won two super bowls and was every bit as a valuable quarterback to my team as Brett was to his, why is it he gets the mansion and I get a little bungalow?" God, being God understands the question and responds: "No-no John, that is not Brett's place, that is mine!"