Sunday, January 28, 2007

Kagen Watch Local Slant

From the Shawano Leader

Kagen: Nothing to apologize for in White House visit
By Tim Ryan, Leader Reporter

U.S. Rep. Steve Kagen said Friday he is sorry the
controversy surrounding his comments about a White
House visit last year has created what he called a distraction,
but said he has done nothing for which he feels the need to
apologize.
“I haven’t acted in a way that requires an apology,” Kagen
told a Leader reporter during a visit here Friday.
The brouhaha that has blown up in recent weeks surrounds
comments Kagen made Dec. 19 to a group of peace activists
that were reported in The Scene, a monthly entertainment
publication that circulates in the Fox Valley.
During that meeting, Kagen gave his account of a gathering
at the White House for new members of Congress after the
November election.
“I tried to relate in that meeting what happened accurately.”
Kagen said. “I think that I did.”
But, Kagen said, his account did not translate well on the printed
page.
“If I’ve mishandled anything, I’ve mishandled the press,”
Kagen said. “I’ve mishandled the entire opportunity to put
something down as just a comedic moment.”
Kagen said Friday that he did mistakenly refer to first lady
Laura Bush as Barbara, though other published accounts have
had him making the mistake intentionally.
“I did mistakenly refer to Mrs. Bush as Barbara,” Kagen said.
“There wasn’t anything disrespectful about it and it’s been
mischaracterized completely.”
Kagen also confirmed his comments to White House counsel
Karl Rove, saying it was true that he said: “I’m Dr. Multi-
millionaire and I kicked your a--.”

How many times is he going to change his story?
Now he did say "Barbara"!
Now he did sayu he would kick Rove's Ass!!!!!

Can this idiot set the story straight and move on !

1 comment:

Marcus Aurelius said...

This is like Jahn Carey's apology.

It wasn't his fault he acted like a doorknob, its our fault for seeing he acted like a doorknob.