Monday, August 31, 2009

Anyone Have A Clue

August 31,2009
I love the people of Wisconsin and the people of the northwoods but I am curious about this caption of a picture in today's online edition. What am I curious about?


From the Rhinelander Daily News.
"Luke Laggis/Daily News The band had the dance floor full for several classic waltz numbers Saturday afternoon during the Rhinelander Oktoberfest celebration. "
The Rhinelander Daily News - Online news and information for the Rhinelander, Wisconsin region

Any guesses?

2 comments:

John Helgeson said...

I saw the photo on the RDN website over the weekend and felt the same way you do. It was a lousy job of photo editing and caption writing. Neither are a surprise from the current management of RDN.

What is more interesting is when I followed your link and got today's article about the financial end result of "August Fest". Also read the comments. This festival has changed dates and locations frequently in the last ten years. Even with good acts, it just seems to be unable to find the right time and place to be successful. It is pretty hard to blame weather for a festival that is usually held in the fall when it can be cold and wet.

It makes you curious when polka music and beer can't bring success in Wisconsin. I know I and my friends have tried to help out by purchasing food and plenty of beer at Rhinelander's Oktoberfest.

Paul - Berry Laker said...

John thank you for your comment.

First I was thinking why are they having October fest in August? Just didn't seem logical with the name.

Thank you for directing me to more reading, Now the planners are not sure if they will hold it next year. You know more about Rhinelander then I but I would think the north woods would have a real Octoberfest in October when people are driving to see fall colors and all the other reasons to visit the Rhinelander area.

I guess everyone is struggling for a successful fall festival.

Keep the great beer and food of the north flowing.

Take care of your self. Have a GREAT time in the north woods.