Sunday, June 28, 2009

I Can't Believe I'm Sitting Next to a Conservative

From the New York Post and Harry Stien.

I changed the title to more fit my beliefs.

A good read anyway from Mr Stien about what conservatives go through each day, even in Wisconsin.
"Of course, that's just another difference between us and them -- we tend toward optimism and good grace. Rotten as times seems now for conservatives, we face life as it is and press on, plucky as colonial Brits in those old movies on TCM. Just a day after the election, one friend remarked that he'd already taken the McCain sticker off his car, adding that Obama was our president now, and he was willing to give him a chance. "Still," he added, smiling, "I kept on the one for the New York Rifle & Pistol Association -- just in case anyone thinks I've gone soft."

Harry Stein is the author of 'I Can't Believe I'm Sitting Next to a Republican: A Survival Guide for Conservatives Marooned Among the Angry, Smug and Terminally Self-Righteous" (Encounter Books), out now." 'I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SITTING NEXT TO A REPUBLICAN!' - New York Post


No comments: