Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tea Party 2.0 Recap

Telephone Conference call with  Governors Mark Sanford of South Carolina and Rick Perry of Texas and the RGA.

These are just random quotes on what I heard . Most I paraphrased so what you read is what you get.

7:30 still not started yet
 
Not a listening town hall. I'm on line to hear what Perry and Sanford will do!-Me
 
Gut check time - Sanford
 
Need welfare reform brought up Thompson and Engler-  Sanford
 
Change will not come from Washington which is why they both are talking tonight.- Perry
 
Possible 30, 000 people on line tonight - Sanford
 
Everyone needs to speak up and get involved in everyday things , get involved in process. Get involved in upcoming primaries - Sanford
 
Hot fight this year is Virgina. Union and dems dumping big money into state - Terry McAuliffe is running for Virgina gov. McAuliffe wants to buy Virgina with 80 million bucks. -Perry
 
What can states do to protect us from federal gov.? ACR 50 , dealing with 10 th amendment. Tell politicians in Washington, this constitution is important , read it. - Perry
 
Phone vote on national health care
94% - no
3% - yes -
3% - don't know
 
Get involved , grab a shovel, get involved , anything you can do will help  - Sanford
 
Things will not change until people are fed up and do something about change in this country at the grass roots level.  Need to sustain the tea party movement.-  Perry 
 
On your Cell phone,
text "Fed Up"
Dial - 95613
 
Need to elect real conservative governors in upcoming elections.- Perry
 
Give us something to vote for and not against. Need better explanations against Obama. Need to get the message out. - caller
 
How to mend split in party?  Perry, will make no excuse for being conservative. Lost election because they went to the middle. - perry
Grass roots is the definition our our party, Go back to what got you here. Sanford

Values and beliefs that made the party great at one time. Perry and Sanford.
 
These two will not drift to the middle. This is what conservatives want and need to hear. - me
 
Stop the Liberal love fest. - need to get back to sensible government - Perry
 
Need to get conservative governors - Perry
 
38 gov's up in the next two years
2- 2009
36 in 2010
 
Contribute 1.00 for each gov running in the next two years.- looking for $38 to the RNC- head of RGA
 
Wants us to email them on ideas how to move movement forward. - Sanford. -
 
Why ? We want to hear what you will do . This isn't a listening tour.  I don't want a listening tour, I want a telling tour. Sanford and Perry, tell us what you will do!!!!! - me
 
 Keep the conservative movement going  - Perry
 
Health care - gov take over of health care is mistake. Wants doctors to make decisions not politicians - Perry
 
everyone on line thank you, you need to stand up for this country. - Perry
 
Pick 10, 15 , 20 friends and get them engaged in the movement. grab a shovel grab a hoe, a lot of work to be done. - Sanford
 
8:43 done


All and all I think Sanford and Perry are two leaders in the conservative movement. Perry impresses me more. I just hate when Sanford keeps asking the grass roots to give him ideas. I want to hear his plans, his ideas and his beliefs! Leaders lead!

4 comments:

DR said...

I never got the call so I was not able to participate; even though I pre-registered over a week ago. Thanks for letting me know what I missed. I linked to it.

My wife is a Texan and I will just warn you, Gov. Perry is a bit of a RINO. Gov. Sanford is a leader. He has been leading on fiscal issues for years. I think he approached this as a listening session for him. Hard to say without being on the call. Also, us Southerners tend to come across as unassuming sometimes.

Paul - Berry Laker said...

DR, Thanks for your comments. Sorry you missed the call, it was in some ways a breath of fresh air again. Thanks also for the information on Perry and Sanford.

I don't know a lot yet on Perry and so far what I learned about Sanford was from your blog.

It's still early and we have to start somewhere. If Perry is another Bush from Texas, well, there you go. I like Sanford a lot but am looking for a leader not a consensus , tell me what you want kind of guy, which he seemed to say a lot last night.

I know we'll talk about all this more in the future. Thanks again and keep up your GREAT work.

Anonymous said...

I missed the call, too, probably my fault.
I agree about wanting particular issue action. I want to be able to KNOW what to do and for what purpose and when and how. We need to get on the same page here, so I can urge my group to participate also.
Our Sen. Vitter has had a conference call with Tea PArty organizers in LA...sounds similar, but we need to know what to do, or we'll be fruitless. Helen

Paul - Berry Laker said...

Anonymous, thanks for the comments.

All good points. We need direction to make things happen. Keep me informed and have a GREAT weekend.