Friday, April 18, 2008

Vote Totals, Small Town America

Back on April 2nd I was interested with the voting results in our township. Didn't find anything exceept state results. E mailed our County clerk and asked for local information. Here's what I got back, 16 days late but I thank our county clerk for at least getting back to me.

Paul, I am sorry you did not receive a response to your inquiry sooner. I am attaching the final canvass results 4/03/08 of the County Board Supervisors, where you will find the Town of Underhill – Sup. Dist. 22 results. These are also posted to our County’s website: www.co.oconto.wi.us The County doesn’t collect or report the School District or Local Units of Government vote totals. Underhill Town Clerk, Tracy Winkler may be reached at: (920) 855-2370. Her e-mail address is: townunderhill@ez-net.com. The Gillett School District Office phone number is: (920) 855-1557. Their e-mail address is: srivard@gillett.k12.wi.us

I'm sorry, but I know money is tight but shouldn't the County clerk be responsible for election results in the county?
It's nice you have to jump through hoops to find out by township who got what votes for what position.

Don't mind me, I'm off to spend some time to e mail everyone on vote totals.

What a waste, but then how many people really care?

No comments: