Sunday, February 10, 2008

Americans For Prosperity

Saturday I attended the AFP "Americans For Prosperity" Summit in Waukesha.

If you don't know about AFP you will soon.

Just wanted to make some comments about attending my first conservative event. Yes it took me 50 years to finally get involved in politics. The order of my comments is the way I seen and wrote about my day. It was one GREAT day. If I leave anyone out I apologize. The 400 plus people there was just too good to be true. An old dog from Gillett hanging with some of the GREATEST minds of our time and from our GREAT state of Wisconsin. I couldn't of felt more at home than with all those great people, all with great conservative ideas and values.

These are only random thoughts; don't get in a tizzy over this!
Oh Well, enough of my rambling, Let's go!
But I do have to say, IT WAS AWSOME!

Opening Ray Charles, Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem. Short clip Of Ronald Reagan. Brought a lump in the throat to hear his voice and to see my hero on the big screen. Really moving. How can anyone say Reagan Revolution is over. Hog Wash!

Mark Block - What an honor to have him work so hard for the people of Wisconsin through AFP. Need to follow through and build membership. It's worth it! "Keep us growing Mark!"

Tim Phillips, President of Americans for Prosperity - What a job he and his group has done. It's a grass roots effort. We need to grow! If you hate earmarks, AFP is the place!

James Klauser - I guess Tommy Thompson’s right hand man in years gone by. Introduces,

J.B. Van Hollen - Kept thinking of Mark Belling saying, empty suit, empty suit, empty suit!

Steve Moore Wall Street Journal editor. Kept thinking of Rush saying the Wall Street Journal is for Illegal immigration!

Mike Gableman - Yea, we need to get him elected. Send campaign money. Not much, but every little bit helps

Steve Lonegan - It goes to show what you can do after people tell you can't. Great guy. Hope he keeps pressure on Jon Corzine! Steve, get him replaced.

David Clark - I will vote for him when I get the chance. Even being a dem. What a GREAT guy. Dem in name only. Hey we have RINO's and DINO's. We need more David Clark's! Want's to pass Pay Check Protection Act.

Dan Schnur - Too much focus on the November election. Wasn't sure if he was going to tell me to vote for Johnny Mac! He did not use Mc Cains name but came awfully close! Not my cup of tea.


Dinesh D'Souza - What a great conservative. Talked about Renaldus Magnus. Ronald Reagan did what he believed. I don't understand all those east coast republicans. We cannot let go of our beliefs. We need to start another party. Sorry let me get back on track. I get too emotional thinking about Ronald Reagan. Great speaker. Buy his book.

Paul Ryan 1st District of Wisconsin - Received Ronald Reagan Award from AFP. Crowd yelled out Paul Ryan for Governor, Paul Ryan for VP. I could vote anytime for Paul Ryan. He is standing up for the people of his district. Federal taxes for our children will go from 18% now to 40% in 20 years! That’s .40 on every dollar. That’s not even state or local taxes.

Scott Walker - Can't wait till he runs for Gov. We need conservative Wisconsin assembly and senate when he's gov. Wow, can't wait. Send him campaign cash. Even a little bit will help. No I can't afford it but even a couple bucks means something!


Leah Vukmir - Wow, she needs to be Gov and when she is, Leah will be one of our greatest politicians of Wisconsin. I bet she tells it like it is in Madison. I wish I could be a fly on the wall. She seems like she could p_ _ _ those libs off. Leah, go for it, we're with you! Send any money for campaign.

Vicki McKenna - We need more people like Vicki. WISN, you made the right move bringing her to Milwaukee. Vicky, you need to go statewide.

A couple of side comments. The theme was non-partisan; the theme was Ronald Reagan, Ronald Reagan, Ronald Reagan. How can McCain even be brought up in the same sentence with Ronald Reagan. Less government not more. Less taxes not more, Let the people of this great country enjoy prosperity. It's the American Dream.

Afternoon breakout meeting

First, New Media vs Old Media. Was walking in and introduced myself to Jo Egelhoff. Wow, what an honor and pleasure to meet one of the heavy hitters of the Wisconsin blogs. What a great and knowledgeable person. Ran part of the breakout.

Seen Patrick McIlheran from the Journal Sentinel. Good guy, Does great work. Wondered after seeing him live if that was his brother on his home blog page? I should e mail and ask him.

Leslie Graves - gave some good points on starting a blog.

Kyle Duerstien - UWM -Great ideas on what you can do with a blog. Sorry Kyle , I don't have that much time. You sure do GREAT work!

Second Breakout- "the AFP Voice, how to make yours heard. Mark Block opened meeting - again great guy, need to grow AFP numbers.

Brian Schimming - director of Madison news talk station. I think WIBC. Mark Honadel (state Rep) Dan Vrakas (Waukeha County Ex) Ted Kanauas ( State Senater)

Need to call talk radio, need to keep in touch with all your elected officials. No matter good or bad, contact them.

Waiting for supper, a diet 7 up and introduced myself to Owen Robinson of Boots and Sabers .One of our Icons on the Wisconsin Blogs. Owen and Jed have done so much for a lot of bloggers in the state. Oh yes, there are a lot of GREAT blogs out there. I wish I could meet all you out there on the cheddar sphere. Not enough time. Asked him why he doesn't run for office, I said he'd be GREAT. He said he didn't want to take a pay cut. Yea I guess so but Owen sure is a straight shooter. I may not agree all the time (Cowboys) but have a lot of respect. Great guy.

Looked out the window, snow flying like mad and decided to get on the road, wished I would of stayed for the end. Jim Sensenbrenner would have been worth the wait. As it was, it was hell driving home, glad I left. Maybe someday I can attend a Drinking Right party. Not sure if I can get an invitation.

What a GREAT DAY. I'm just sorry I didn't bring the whole family.

2 comments:

steveegg said...

Yes, Jim Sensenbrenner was worth the wait.

Of course you have an invitation to Drinking Right. If my calendar is right, the next one will be March 11, 7 pm at Papa's Social Club (7718 W Burleigh in Milwaukee).

Anonymous said...

Invitation to Drinking Right???

Would you like it engraved?

Dude, your invited, just show up!