Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ya Think

From the Appleton Post Crescent

Posted November 29, 2007
DOT: Packers game could bring out drunken drivers

The Post-Crescent
MADISON — As fans across the state prepare to head to sports bars and private parties for tonight’s game between the Packers and Cowboys, the state Department of Transportation is urging responsibility.

"We hope that fans will be celebrating a Packer victory tonight. But we certainly don't want a celebration to turn to tragedy because of drunken driving. Packer fans shouldn't let their fellow fans drive drunk," said Dennis Hughes, manager of safety programs for the State Patrol’s Bureau of Transportation Safety in a press release.There will likely be more fans than usual on the road across Wisconsin because thousands of fans outside of the Green Bay and Milwaukee media markets who don’t have satellite television at home will be forced to look for the game elsewhere. The game is not on the state’s major cable providers. The State Patrol advises:

Choose a sober designated driver before the game.Sorry . I am at home to watch the game, will my wife drive me home, it's quite a long drive!

If you're feeling buzzed, you probably are over the 0.08 percent (alcohol concentration) limit and should not drive. I just had my second martini, I have not caught a buzz yet.

Take mass transit, a taxicab or ask a sober friend to drive you home. I have no friends tonight except for Brett, and he's in Texas, what do I do?
Some taverns and restaurants have programs to provide patrons with a safe ride home. The local bars down the road do not have those programs , what do I do?

It doesn't matter with a Packer win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit www.tlw.org for more information

No comments: