Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Very Wise Person

After a productive day yesterday the neighbor lady came over last night for a couple of drinks. My wife , the neighbor and I sitting up front looking at the now frozen lake enjoying adult beverages.



I have to give her a lot of credit. I am not sure where she got her common sense from but she is blessed with knowledge and good judgement. You may not like what she says but she does know what she's talking about.


Through the many conversations, one thing I brought up was, why does everyone think I am an idiot when it comes to government, world issues, etc, etc.

I told her that it irritates the heck out of me when were all together (friends on the lake, family etc.) that everyone thinks I'm a jerk for bringing up high taxes or Hillary, or Rush or politics in general. I told her it irritates me that no one goes to the town meetings and cares about anything in local government unless they want something or the town is taxing the heck out of them. Hey I'm trying to learn good government, why doesn't anyone else?????????



I didn't bring it up but I should of mentioned how some or most people believe everything in the MSM and don't see the truth. Stem cell research, global warming, Katrina, Iraq. Typical sheep being lead to the slaughter.


She said "Paul, you are very knowledgeable on matters that mean a lot to all of us". " You should be a politician", no I cannot be a politician.

" But you cannot bring up issues like that when you drink." "You get too emotional and go off the deep end with your discussions".

I told her I am passionate about things that are important to me. Is it wrong to care ?

She said, "that's fine but do it when your not drinking".


I know that when one drinks the truth surely always comes out. I guess that's why we have the problems we have with alcohol. Someone will say something, it may be the truth, someone else may not like it and arguments occur, friendships get broken, some people may be physically hurt. This is one of the great problems we need to address in society.


I learned something last night. Thanks neighbor. Alcohol can be a persons downfall.
I guess the moral of the story, I need to let people ramble, let them spout off stupid things when were having a get together. I need to leave my badge at the door and discuss important issues at the time of my choosing and not there's. I can live with that. No I will not stop drinking but I need to use common sense.



I guess the reason I am writing this is that I do care for people. Just because I am a conservative and vote primarily republican, I am not a bad person. I do have an opinion and I must learn to say it at the right time. I hope my children can learn to be open minded. To stand up for what they believe. To not let someone talk them into things that may not be true or may not be right. I may be hard on them but I know when they leave on their own they can make it in this world.



The good Lord created us all different, we have to all do a better job discussing issues, opinions, be more opened minded. That doesn't mean I will give up on my beliefs. So to all or the few that may read my blog, Enjoy it, if you don't like it , say so, I am opened minded to every one's thoughts. It's good to have some people tell you whats right , what wrong and sometimes where to go. Time will tell if a persons short time on this earth will make a difference. Only our Maker will answer that question.
I will try to do better, to be a better person, to be a better husband , to be a better father and to be a better friend.



Enough said, thanks for reading.


We have one GREAT neighbor.

She should write a book. I would buy the first copy.



No comments: