Thursday, June 03, 2010

The Last Two weeks

It's been a hectic two weeks up at the compound. Spent time on vacation with Mrs B (the love of my life) and the Berry Laker clan. In case anyone is interested, I'll fill you in on a my adventures. In no particular order since Mid May.

Moved the kids from dorms to apartment on the upper east side.
.
Meet my first homeless person looking for money for food. I should of offered him to carry tubs to second floor apartment for two bucks. You know they will never work for cash.
.
I still think the upper east siders are a bunch of snobs.
.
Got an e mail from my friend in Algoma. It's been a while but it was good to touch base with my mentor.
.
Was it hot up here at the compound, three days at 92 +.

.
If you drink a shot of beer every minute for one hour, 60 minutes, 60 shots, would you get drunk? Still asking Berry Laker son # 2 for the answer.
.
Took a three hour tour with Mrs B and the neighbors on the Dusty Trails ATV trail system. You need to go to the play ground.
.
Saw my first bear. My neighbor showed us a 4 - 500 lb black bear. Just sitting there sunning himself.
.
Martin takes fourth at the 600. I sure hope he knows what he's doing. He's struggling but still 10th in sprint points. When or will he get his first win.
.
Meet my tea party neighbor from down the rode. Might throw some business his way.
.
Neighbors brother came over to drop three trees. When someone knows what they're doing, it sure makes life better. TIMMMMMMBBBBBEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
.
I hate wood ticks, especially when you don't find them in time!
.
Gypsy moths all over the Nicolet, wonder if the WDNR will do anything to stop them.
.
Camper ready for the pilgrimage to Michigan .
.
It sure is nice to have the porch screened in. No bees, no fly's, no skeeters.
.
Digging a 150 ft trench for communication lines to update compound. Digging by hand with a spade shovel is not what I call fun.
.
Played 9 holes with the boys. First time this year, let the boys beat the old man. Found a nice course in the area. Parkway Golf Course. $18.00 for 9 holes and a cart.
.
Went to St Michael's at Chute Pond for Sunday church. If Sister Marla keeps doing the sermon I guess I'll take a pass at Chute Pond. Can I please hear Father Dave speak to the congregation! Glad I belong to St Casimir's and not St John's in Gillett.
.
Everyone back to beer town and polka town for work and school. Sure am proud of my children and grandchild. Please do not tell them I said that. I have to keep up my image as a father.

.
On politics.
.
Will gasoline stay low for the summer? With O in office, don't bet on it.
.
Tipper left Al because she turned conservative and will run for office somewhere as a republican.
.
Obama, hows that hope and change doing?
.
Johnson running against Russ, this is good.
.
Rush on vacation till June 15th. This is bad.
.
Did I miss anything?

No comments: