Monday, June 15, 2009

I Was Wrong

From NASCAR.com

You know, I have been very hard on Jeff Gorden # 24. After the following comment I guess he's not the driver I thought he was.

""If I'm Jimmie Johnson or Greg Biffle, I'm going to push a little harder," Gordon said. "It's going to be really hard to discipline yourself. That's where I give Mark Martin so much credit. He's such a great driver and a smart driver. I think he could have pushed harder to hold Jimmie off, and maybe even caught Biffle. But I think his crew chief and him were communicating, and Mark was disciplined enough to say, 'We're not going to make it, and I've got to back off.' He played it perfectly.""
NASCAR.COM - Thank fuel mileage for the best race of the season - Jun 14, 2009


Some driver's in NASCAR like # 3 Earnhardt you would learn to love to hate! I think Gordon is the same way. If your a NASCAR fan you have to respect every driver no matter how they finish, no matter their name, no matter who their sponsor is.

Hat's off to Jeff Gordon for today being a gentlemen!

No comments: