Saturday, February 07, 2009

One Proud Dad, Berry Lakers One,Two,Three And Four





A year and half ago I gave Berry Laker daughter away in holy matrimony. What a day that made Berry Laker choke with pride. Today she is climbing the ladder of success with a transportation logistics company. Her favorite color is orange. We are one proud mom and dad. To our daughter we love you, work hard and good things will happen to you.


Then Berry Laker went through a hard time seeing Berry Laker son # 1 go off to UW Milwaukee last year. Son # 1 was home last night and started speaking in foreign tongue. Language and thought process never conceived of such hereditary traits of Mr. and Mrs. Berry Laker. History, economy, stimulus bill, speaking in language never uttered by eldest son in all nineteen years of existence. Uttering such words as stimulus bill in present form is a mistake. What was I to think? I thought I was in some time warp. Dam Proud, where did he get that from? Son # 1, I will not always say but am proud of you more then you will ever know.

Up at 4:00 am to make the trip to Marquette U in Milwaukee. Berry Laker Son # 2 was accepted and let me tell you not cheep but well worth it to Marquette University in Milwaukee and was taking written exames to get scholorship money at the great MU campus. One part of the exam was to do an essay on what started the cold war, it's late and not sure of exact question but dam proud of his right answer. He wants to go for Computational mathematics, the blending of computer science with applied mathematics. Way over my head. Son # 2, I may have been hard on you sometimes but you make me proud, DON'T SCREW IT UP! Follow your dreams!

Penelope.
Son # 2 is also dating Penelope. They are both young but her sights are to become a doctor. She has had a hard life but we have grown close to this young lady who has a great future and hope she can withstand the hardships of life. She will have to gut it out to survive. I know that will happen. She has become our second daughter and we try to give her guidance and direction that she so desperately needs in this time of her life. Life comes in so many unexpected ways and we are so blessed to have her be a part our family life. We love you dear. Penelope, don't tell anyone I said that, I have to keep up my reputation as an evil right wing conservative. We will always love you.

In all the fifty one years of existence I would never have thought this Berry Laker could have off spring with such potential and drive. I take that back, Mrs Berry Laker is the inspiration that changed my life and is behind our two great sons, one great daughter and a special young lady. Love You Dear. What an angel.

Now back to MU.

Never in my wildest dreams I would of thought that son # 2 wanted to go to MU. NCAA championship in the 70's, Al McGuire, Big East, Jesuit school. Where did we go right. Well, test at 9:00 am for junior and parents orientation. It was good to hear MU wants students done in four years and let them plan their future from there. I am a strong catholic but from reading the Marquette Warrior and other information, I am concerned about the radical left even at a Jesuit school. That conversation is for another day.

We had the chance to go on tours or go to more information on financial aid, scholarships etc., no need, Mrs. Berry Laker has all her ducks in order, done for the day by 11:00 am. What an ANGEL. Picked up Penelope and headed home by noon.

I have to say it was a humbling moment for a kid that grew up in Pulaski Wisconsin to see his family do so much more then the old man could ever dream about. A dumb kid back then who's family is doing so much more then he could ever think of.

I am speechless, choke, choke. Psst, don't tell anyone.

The one constant in all this is the belief in and great love of God Almighty. How one man could be so blessed is beyond comprehension. Thank you God.

Going to MU was a moving experience.

I am truly blessed.

Thank you Lord.

No comments: