Sunday, November 18, 2007

Wow, That Was Close

From Gannett Newspapers through the Green Bay Press


Nov 17, 10:39 PM EST
Wayward bullet from hunter narrowly misses boy, 14, in parked car
SHIOCTON, Wis. (AP) -- A wayward bullet from a deer hunter's gun sliced through the windshield of a parked car and shattered the rear window Saturday morning, nearly missing the head of a 14-year-old boy sitting in the front seat.

"I looked down and there was glass everywhere," said Jay Blink of Oshkosh. "If I would have leaned like 12 inches I probably wouldn't be here."

Wow, this boy is lucky!

Blink said he was sitting in the passenger seat with his head on the window as he played games on his cell phone.

Cell phones are sure good for more than talking.

"I haven't taken a hunter's safety course but I know you don't shoot towards the street or over the street," said Blink, who plans to take a course next year.
He added that the unknown shooter ought to take the safety course again.

I think the rest of the story will come out as time goes, Someone knows who's made the shoot. Did the dnr check the boys father and uncle's gun to see if they were fired?
The Lord was watching out for this young man.
I bet he goes to church today.

No comments: